2/26/2010

GONE


Lisa McMann had a fabulous start to her breathtaking and chilling series with WAKE and I was hooked from the first time that Cabel ever spoke to Janie but I have to say, I didn't feel that the sequels have kept that tradition. I had really hoped that GONE would be as good as WAKE but I felt completely let down after I finished the final installment in the series. I had absolutely adored WAKE and I had engulfed it within hours, craving the sequel and waiting for four months before I went on an amazon.ca shopping spree and purchased it for myself. It had shown up in the mail and I remember feeling really excited to read it, finding that it was a signed copy (which I did not order by the way, but I am NOT complaining) and I felt a little bit let down that all my cravings were really pretty useless as I finished, craving the next one but feeling let down that it really did just too much for Janie and Cabel's relationship than I wanted. The third, was by far, the worst by my standards and I don't really recommend it to anyone.


As Janie is thinking about what she's learned in Miss Stubin's green notebook, her life is getting more complicated. Her father has shown up out of the blue, dying, her mother is beginning to talk to her again (not that it's pleasant), Carrie is getting MARRIED, and Cabel is beginning to love her more and more just as she's trying to make the decision of whether or not to LEAVE HIM. Janie doesn't know what to do and the decision to either keep her job with Captain or lock herself up in complete solitay confinement, is just getting harder as things just keep popping up out of the blue.


As the love become Janie and Cabel becomes more and more complicated and edgy, I find that the books go downward with every single step up the relationship ladder. McMann has really disappointed with this third installment of the Wake Trilogy and I have to admit that I am actually glad that they are done.
Rating: 2/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear your thoughts!